Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Beginning of a new AGE!

First a little background:

Sounds quite dramatic, I know, but turning 30 is a huge deal for me.  I know it's not technically "old", but 30 is a big milestone.  Before giant beginnings, I like to look back a bit.....let's say on the last 29 years of my life. I think of all of the "to do lists" that I created and hoped to accomplish before I turned 30, 40 or 50 years old.  No regrets, just pondering.  For instance, one biggie for me was to be done having kids by the time I was 30.  Well, before my 30th birthday, next year, I will already have my fourth child. WOW!  Now that was definitely NOT on my "to do list" (have 4 kids).  But here we are, and I wouldn't change it for anything.  My first child came when I was a very young 19 years old.  She was born on August 5, 2001.  Elora is the light of my life, hence her name meaning "God is light" in Hebrew.  Then came Gabriel, my angel, when I was 25 yrs. old.  He was born on Christmas Eve, Dec. 24, 2005.   Quickly after came Eden, the little princess, when I was 25 yrs.old.  She was born on July 23, 2007.   So, our family was complete, right?   Obviously not, because in January of this year I found out that I was pregnant with our fourth child.  I am due on Sept. 13th, 2011.  

AGE is not the only transition that I or my family are facing currently.  Of course my age seems very trivial compared to what is to come this/next year.   There's the new baby, trying to find a home and move before the baby is born, also my son starting Kindergarten and my husband & I transitioning his business provide additional services which includes more WORK for my hubby.  AND in the midst of all this, changing our lifestyles completely to help lower my blood pressure.  By changing our eating habits to only include low-sodium and fresh food, I have already been successful in lowing my blood pressure.  However, I want it to stay down and NEVER creep up again.  So, losing weight and exercising are on the "list" as well.  I know you might be asking, "What about blood pressure medication?", but I really HATE medication.  I know it has it's purposes, but I would rather take a more natural approach before jumping on the "medication bandwagon".  I also would like to add that I don't "condemn" anyone on meds, it's just my preference to not start on that route.

Thus, me creating this blog, which also gives me a way to stay accountable, to develop a ACTUALLY DELICIOUS - LOW SODIUM LIFESTYLE.  Now, I am a foodie at heart.  I love food!  And not just food, but good food, exceptional food.  I don't claim to be a gourmet chef, but I have a few great recipes up my sleeve and I love to share great food with great people.  When I say "lifestyle" I mean that this is a lifetime change.  NO DIET, not temporary.  So, even if you don't have high blood pressure or even if your doctor has not recommended a low-sodium diet for you, I think that you could still get alot out of this blog.  We will journey together to find ACTUALLY DELICIOUS, low sodium foods, recipes and cooking techniques. 

I hope that everyone can benefit from this blog and begin to live healthier lifestyles to make this life well lived and lived long.

No comments:

Post a Comment