Saturday, May 14, 2011

Food Journaling & Water Intake

I've been doing horrible these past couple of days with my food journaling.  I've noticed that when I do write down everything I eat/drink, I am more conscience of what I eat.  Of course I was doing great the first week or so, but then I start to slip. 

As far as what I've actually been eating, it hasn't been so bad.  I recently gave into the "soda" craving and bought those tiny cans of soda (ginger ale).  They have 65 mg of sodium each.  But I've managed to limit my consumption to only 1 per day. 

Drinking anything other than water makes me drink less water, of course.  So, I need to watch that.  I was trying to make a habit of drinking a min. of 64 ounces of water per day.  But the last couple of days have been hard in that area and I've only drank about 32 ounces per day.

So, I'm back on the journaling wagon and I am going to continue to move forward:

My Goal:    Daily max. 2,400 mg of sodium  & 64 ounces of water

These are my "baby step goals" of course.  A lot more needs to change, but I am a person that does better with gradual, small changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment